ELECTRICITY & GAS FAQs
We have collected some of the most frequently asked questions about bills. Check them out for more details.
How can my bills always reflect my actual consumption?
If I choose to change supplier, do I also get my gas/electricity system replaced?
How and when can I report self readings?
You can submit your self-metering readings in the dedicated section of the Customer Area, Online Support, or by contacting our toll-free number 800.93.93.00 on dedicated days.
I cannot find my invoice anymore, what can I do?
Come presentare il reclamo o la richiesta di informazioni?
Le segnalazioni scritte possono essere inviate ai seguenti recapiti:
- mail: email@example.com
- PEC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posta: Via Paolo Imperiale 4- 16126 GENOVA
I reclami possono essere inviati utilizzando apposito modulo messo a disposizione nella sezione Modulistica di Servizio. Se non viene utilizzato il modulo, nel reclamo devono obbligatoriamente essere indicati i seguenti elementi minimi che permettono l’identificazione del cliente:
- il nome ed il cognome;
- l’indirizzo di fornitura;
- l’indirizzo postale, se diverso dall’indirizzo di fornitura, o di posta elettronica per l’invio della risposta scritta;
- il servizio a cui si riferisce il reclamo scritto (elettrico, gas, entrambi);
- il codice alfanumerico identificativo del punto di prelievo dell’energia elettrica (POD) o di riconsegna del gas naturale (PDR), ove disponibile o, qualora non disponibile, il codice cliente;
- una breve descrizione dei fatti contestati.
In my bill, I find a large amount under ‘CMOR’, what is it?
If you have already sent the your previous provider proof of payment, urge them to close your file.
How can I pay my bills?
How can I know if I have paid all my bills?
Is it possible to request deferred payment of the invoice?
We have collected some of the most frequently asked questions about POD and PDR codes on your bill.
Check them out for more details.
What does POD stand for?
What does PDR stand for?
Where can I find my POD/PDR code?
Why do I need to know my POD/PDR code?
See all the information on payments and refunds, choose the payment method that suits you best and find out how to request a refund.
How can I notify my wish to reconsider from entering into a supply contract?
Duferco Energia – Via Paolo Imperiale, 4 – 16126 Genova;
or via certified email (PEC) to email@example.com within 10 calendar days from the date of subscription (14 days you have an household utility contract). The communication must obligatorily contain the end customer personal details and those relating to the supply. Failure to provide such information will result in the request not being accepted.
What should I do if I relocate? How can I request termination of utilities?
Before moving out of a household, you must remember to apply for utility termination resulting in meter shutdown (Attention! Meter shutdown must be applied for while you still have access to the apartment/house).
The request can be made by filling out the form below which should be returned, together with your ID, by fax to +39 010.27.560.460, or by PEC to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Duferco Energia – Via Paolo Imperiale, 4 – 16126 Genova.
What should I do to increase or decrease the power of the meter?
What shall I do to activate a new meter?
I would like to have more details about the items listed on my invoice.
How can I change the name of the supply contract holder?
To change the name of the holder of an active supply, you will need to apply for a contract transfer by requesting the appropriate forms via our Online Support or by calling our customer service at the toll-free number 800.93.93.00
How can I request the reactivation of a closed meter previously in the name of another person?
To change the name of the holder of a supply and simultaneously request its reactivation, you must apply for a contract takeover. You can request the relevant forms via our Online Support or by calling our customer service at the free-toll number 800.93.93.00.
What are the terms for notifying the withdrawal from the contract to the old supplier?
As per Resolution by the Italian Regulatory Authority for Energy, Networks and the Environment (Autorità di Regolazione per Energia Reti e Ambiente - ARERA), you must give a notice of:
- 30 days, for household utility contracts
- 90 days, for non-household utility contracts, connected to the low voltage line
- 180 days, unless otherwise specified in the contract, for non-household utility contracts, connected to the medium voltage line.
The calculation starts from the first day of the month following the month in which the supplier received the notice of termination.
If I change supplier, will I receive two invoices?
In this section you will find some of the most frequently asked questions about possible scams
What are scams?
With the rise of new technologies, scam attempts have become increasingly widespread. They are perpetrated via the Internet, email, SMS or telephone, with the aim of soliciting payments, collecting personal and sensitive data, and activating unsolicited services.
What type of scams do exist?
You shall watch out for three types of scams.
- Email scam: You may receive emails that looks similar to those sent by Duferco Energia. This type of message generally contains a link to a page where you are asked to enter your data and/or other private and confidential information.
- SMS scam: As for email scams, you may receive text messages containing a link to a page where you will be asked to enter personal and confidential data. We always recommend to beware of any links contained in the communications received that may refer to unofficial websites. We also recommend not to call phone numbers other than the toll-free Duferco Energia customer service number: 800.93.93.00
- Phone scam: The call may come from an unknown or foreign number. The purpose of the call is the same as the previous scams, e.g. to create a sense of urgency that induces the user to provide confidential information and/or to accept an unsolicited supply.
How do I protect myself from scams?
- Never disclose the details of your electricity and gas supply contract.
- Ask for the customer code or POD/PDR number. Only you and Duferco Energia would know these details.
- In case of suspicious calls or if the operator is unable to identify him/herself, discontinue the call.
What should I pay attention to?
In case of suspicious communications, pay attention to:
- Any unexpected communications, unrelated to any prior requests
- Email addresses and links: Duferco Energia’s email addresses end with @dufercoenergia.com (domain). Any links or URLs contain the ‘dufercoenergia.com’ wording
- Requests for personal codes or confidential data (passwords, access codes, etc.). Duferco Energia would never ask you to provide such data
Contact our Customer Care
We have collected some of the most frequently asked questions about managing your personal data.
Check them out for more details.